Mackie MTest-1 Cable Tester
|Availability:||In stock (1)|
Universal Cable Tester with Intelligent Pin Matching
Whether you’re troubleshooting store-bought cables or building your own, a quality tester is essential gear for the musician or pro/live sound professional. The Mackie MTest-1 Cable Tester includes seven common female connectors (XLR, 1/4", speakON, and more) and universal signal probes to test virtually any type of cable — even unlike and uncommon types. An LED dial indicates continuity and proper grounding at a glance. The MTest-1 is powered by a standard 9-volt battery and includes a battery test function so you can be sure, wherever you work and play, that your cables are good to go.
7 essential connector types:
- 1/4" TS — unbalanced instrument and amp/speaker cables
- 1/4" TRS — balanced patch and speaker cables
- 5-pin DIN — MIDI and lighting cables
- RCA/phono — found on DJ and consumer gear
- XLR — balanced microphone and patch cables
- speakON — amp/speaker and pro audio speaker cables
- 1/8" TRS — common among consumer media players
Universal signal probes
Even if your cable type isn’t represented by the MTest-1’s standard female connectors, included signal probes allow you to test continuity between virtually any cable type.
Intelligent pin matching
It can be tricky to test, say, an XLR to 1/4" TS cable with a traditional cable tester. The Mackie MTest-1 automatically senses which inputs you’re using and matches pins accordingly.
Built for the road
On the road or at home, the MTest-1’s “Built-like-a-Tank” construction keeps this cable tester going strong.
Mackie MTest-1 Cable Tester Features:
- Universal cable tester
- 7 common female connector types
- Tests like (TS-TS) and unlike (XLR-TRS) cable types
- Intelligent pin matching between unlike cables
- Universal signal probes test connectivity between virtually any cable type
- Powered by a single 9-volt battery
- Onboard battery check function
- “Built-like-a-Tank” construction